At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand.If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
Reporting to the Guest Experience Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to co-ordinate all activities and operations of the Guest Services department in accordance with the companies policies and procedures. Ensure the effective running of the day-to-day operations and resolving all guest complaints to the ultimate satisfaction of the guest.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- A recognised qualification in Hospitality Management or 3 years’ experience in a Management Capacity
- Front Office experience essential
- Two to three years relevant experience in a similar position within a hotel environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages as well as extensive knowledge of Opera PMS
- Experience in IR management and disciplinary processes
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills essential.
- Ensure that the standards of service excellence and guest satisfaction are met and maintained
- Effective planning, assigning and delegations of tasks to meet deadlines.
- IR management - ensure disciplinary processes are carried out and adhered to
- Effective communication, problem solving, decision making and conflict management
- Ensure that the standards of service excellence and guest satisfaction are maintained
- Ensure that every guest complaint is handled and solved to the satisfaction of the guest
- Actively champion and oversee all Starwood related issues to both staff and guests.
- Supply and co-ordinate training to all Front of House staff.
- Liaise with other departments and associates to ensure the smooth running of Rooms Division to ensure strong collaboration between Operations Teams
- Elevate Guest Services team to executional excellence
- Review Guest Voice scores related to guest experience and assist HR trainer with regards to implementing relevant training needs that will enhance guest interaction/experience to maintain a fully guest-centric approach amongst all staff.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.